- Austria (Website)
- Czech Republic (Website)
- Denmark (Website)
- Finland (Website)
- France (Website)
- Germany (Website)
- Italy (Website)
- Ivory Coast
bioMérieux 2016 Annual Report10 May, 2017
A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 50 years, bioMérieux is present in more than 150 countries through 42 subsidiaries and a large network of distributors. In 2016, revenues reached €2,103 million, with more than 90% of international sales.
2016 was an outstanding year for bioMérieux. We achieved excellent results in a balanced performance across all areas of the business. Today bioMérieux’s footprint places us among the industry elite. With nearly 10,000 employees and revenues up 9.6% to reach more than €2 billion, the Company is the world leader in microbiology, in both infectious disease diagnostics and industrial quality control. These remarkable results once again demonstrate the relevance of a long-term strategy that we are able to successfully implement in over 150 countries through our extremely solid network.
Sustained by our sound innovation strategy, the relevance of our acquisitions, the solidity of our bioindustrial fundamentals and the quality of our international network, we are poised to be a major player in the medicine of tomorrow.
bioMérieux has a clear vision for the future, and today we have the means to support our ambitions. Under the leadership of Alexander Mérieux, the Company will be ready to evolve and to serve global public health even more closely.
- Clinical applications represented around 80% of Group sales in 2016, a year of remarkable growth spurred by all our product lines: microbiology, immunoassays and molecular biology.
- With growth of 6.6% in 2016, industrial microbiological control applications delivered a solid performance. They account for around 20% of bioMérieux’s total sales.
- 2016 marked the fifth consecutive year of growth in the EMEA* region, with sales up 2.7%. While performance varied from one area to another, it was buoyed by all our product lines.
- Over the past three years the Americas region has witnessed fast-paced growth, which reached 19% in 2016 thanks to sales in North America and Latin America.
- Sales were up by 6.3% in the Asia Pacific region, reflecting a gradual return to growth in both clinical and industrial applications.
Sales & Income
- Sales amounted to €2,103 million in 2016, versus €1,965 million in 2015, an increase of 9.6% at constant exchange rates and scope of consolidation.
- Above the target set at the beginning of the year, the contributive operating income before non-recurring items was driven by organic sales growth. It was up 14.5% compared to 2015, to reach €298 million, or 14 .2% of sales.
- Net income of consolidated companies for the year amounted to €179 million, up 62% compared to 2015. It represented 8.5% of sales. In 2015, net income of consolidated companies was penalised notably by the non-recurring expenses recognised on bioTheranostics.
Download the Full Report: