- Austria (Website)
- Czech Republic (Website)
- Denmark (Website)
- Finland (Website)
- France (Website)
- Germany (Website)
- Italy (Website)
- Ivory Coast
Nucleic Acid Purification System
NUCLISENS MINIMAG is a manual system for total nucleic acid amplification from various specimens.
In addition, bioMérieux offers other NUCLISENS systems to meet molecular diagnostics testing needs:
- NUCLISENS® EASYQ® is the first automated system to combine NASBA technology and real-time molecular beacon detection.
- NUCLISENS® easyMAG® is an IVD-labeled automated system for the extraction of total nucleic acids from a variety of sample types.
For Clinical Laboratories:
- Nucleic acid extraction in front of molecular infectious disease assays, molecular oncology assays, molecular genetics assays
- Nucleic acid extraction
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
NUCLISENS MINIMAG offers users a manual system for extraction of total nucleic acid using the enhanced magnetic silica version of bioMérieux’s proprietary BOOM chemistry. The MINIMAG s an IVD-labeled system that is simple to use and flexible.
NUCLISENS MINIMAG FEATURES & SPECS
- MINIMAG system can process 1 to 12 nucleic acid amplification samples
- Broad range of samples and volumes possible
- Parallel processing of different sample types in one run
- Batch processing or STAT sample handling
- Enhanced concentration with eluate volume 25 μl or lower
- No use of ethanol or other organic solvents
- Straightforward bind-wash-elute workflow
- Robust and trouble-free operation
- 12 Extractions in one hour
Compact unit (171⁄4" W x 61⁄4" H x 41⁄2" D) can fit on benchtop or in hood
NUCLISENS MINIMAG REAGENTS
NUCLISENS Nucleic Acid Extraction Reagents for MINIMAG:
- NUCLISENS® Magnetic Extraction Reagents
- NUCLISENS® Lysis Buffer (2.0 ml)
- NUCLISENS® 1.5 ml Micro tubes with caps
NUCLISENS MINIMAG PUBLICATIONS
Ginocchio CC, Manji R, Lotlikar M, Zhang F. Clinical evaluation of NucliSENS® magnetic extraction and NucliSENS® analyte-specific reagents for real-time detection of human metapneumovirus in pediatric respiratory specimens. J Clin Microbiol. 2008 Apr;46(4):1274-80. Epub 2008 Feb 13.
Hallack R, Doherty LE, Wethers JA, Parker MM. Evaluation of dried blood spot specimens for HIV-1 drug-resistance testing using the Trugene HIV-1 genotyping assay. J Clin Virol. 2008 Apr;41(4):283-7. Epub 2008 Feb 20.
Loens K, Ursi D, Goossens H, Ieven M. Evaluation of the NucliSens® miniMAG® RNA extraction and real-time NASBA applications for the detection of Mycoplasma pneumoniae and Chlamydophila pneumoniae in throat swabs. J Microbiol Methods. 2008 Feb;72(2):217-9. Epub 2007 Nov 21.
Fihman V, Hannouche D, Bousson V, Bardin T, Lioté F, Raskine L, Riahi J, Sanson-Le Pors MJ, Berçot B. Improved diagnosis specificity in bone and joint infections using molecular techniques. J Infect. 2007 Oct 26. [Epub ahead of print]
Pachot A, Barbalat V, Marotte H, Diasparra J, Gouraud A, Mougin B, Miossec P. A rapid semi automated method for DNA extraction from dried-blood spots: application to the HLA-DR shared epitope analysis in rheumatoid arthritis. J Immunol Methods. 2007 Dec 1;328(1-2):220-5. Epub 2007 Sep 4.
Petrich A, Mahony J, Chong S, Broukhanski G, Gharabaghi F, Johnson G, Louie L, Luinstra K, Willey B, Akhaven P, Chui L, Jamieson F, Louie M, Mazzulli T, Tellier R, Smieja M, Cai W, Chernesky M, Richardson SE; Ontario Laboratory Working Group for the Rapid Diagnosis of Emerging Infections. Multicenter comparison of nucleic acid extraction methods for detection of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus RNA in stool specimens. J Clin Microbiol. 2006 Aug;44(8):2681-8.
Tang, Yi-Wei, Sefers, Susan E., Li, Haijing, Kohn, Debra J., Procop, Gary W. Comparative Evaluation of Three Commercial Systems for Nucleic Acid Extraction from Urine Specimens. J. Clin. Microbiol. 2005 43: 4830-4833
Rutjes SA, Italiaander R, van den Berg HH, Lodder WJ, de Roda Husman AM. Isolation and detection of enterovirus RNA from large-volume water samples by using the NucliSens® miniMAG® system and real-time nucleic acid sequence-based amplification. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2005 Jul;71(7):3734-40.
Rutjes, Saskia A., Italiaander, Ronald, van den Berg, Harold H. J. L., Lodder, Willemijn J., de Roda Husman, Ana Maria. Isolation and Detection of Enterovirus RNA from Large-Volume Water Samples by Using the NucliSens® miniMAG® System and Real-Time Nucleic Acid Sequence-Based Amplification. Appl. Environ. Microbiol. 2005 71: 3734-3740