- Austria (Website)
- Czech Republic (Website)
- Denmark (Website)
- Finland (Website)
- France (Website)
- Germany (Website)
- Italy (Website)
- Ivory Coast
Rapid Microbial Detection and Enumeration
SCANRDI revolutionized rapid microbial detection when it was first introduced and its combination of speed and sensitivity remains unrivaled to this day.
The unique technology not only delivers actionable sterility results in 3 hours but is sensitive enough to detect a single bacterium, yeast or mold. Even spores, stressed and fastidious organisms are detected in minutes; offering an extraordinarily rapid alternative to traditional 14-day sterility testing.
Traceability, 21 CFR part 11 compliance and validation support offer peace of mind.
Specific Cell Labeling
The "viability substrate" component of the labeling solution enters the microorganism through the cell membrane. Living cells cleave the non-fluorescent viability substrate by an enzymatic reaction, releasing fluorescent particles (free fluorochrome) within the cell. The cell's membrane holds the light-emitting fluorochrome within the cell and allows it to be detected by the SCANRDI's laser. Nonliving cells are not metabolically active and not labeled.
Filter, Label, Scan
- Filtration captures microorganisms on a special membrane.
- A solution is added to the membrane to "label" only living cells by making them fluoresce.
- The SCANRDI's laser scans the entire membrane in less than three minutes and immediately displays the total number of living cells fixed to the membrane.
- The scan map and microscope attachment allow for quick visual confirmation of results.
- Data output is in the form of a tabulated data sheet, which includes daily control results and a complete file.
Detect All Types of Contamination
- Viable cells are labeled
- Labeled cells produce fluorescence
- Fluorescence is detected by SCANRDI
- Finished product release
- In-process / bioburden testing
- WFI analysis
- Raw material screening
- Environmental Monitoring