Etest® is a well-established method for antimicrobial resistance testing in microbiology laboratories around the world. Etest consists of a predefined gradient of antibiotic concentrations on a plastic strip and is used to determine the Minimum Inhibitory Concentration (MIC) of antibiotics, antifungal agents and antimycobacterial agents.
to access the Etest® IVD Product List
For information on Etest Ceftaroline
, click here
Features and Benefits
Quantitative MIC data is now a prerequisite for the management of critical infections, including sepsis, especially among critical care patients. Etest® for antimicrobial resistance testing is particularly valuable in such situations, when on-scale MICs are needed for treatment decisions.
Etest is recognized as a cost-effective tool for generating MICs across 15 dilutions. It can also be used in a macromethod format to optimize resistance detection. Over 100 antibiotics are now available in the product range for testing of aerobic bacteria and fastidious organisms such as pneumococci, haemophilus, H. pylori, meningococci, gonococci, anaerobes, fungi and mycobacteria.
More features >>
- Provides Minimum Inhibitory Concentrations (MICs) for slow-growing and fastidious organisms that have unique growth requirements and cannot be testing by automated methods
- Antibiotic susceptibility testing (AST) and resistance mechanism detection
- Testing robust aerobes, anaerobes, pneumococci, menigococci and fastidious organisms such as the HACEK group, Bordatella and Francisella
- Detect phenotypic resistance
- Better antibiotic stewardship
- Manual antibiotic susceptibility testing for veterinary labs
More about uses >>
Learn more about the synergy between Etest and VITEK® 2