VITEK® 2: Healthcare Reagents
The wide variety of VITEK® 2 identification cards (ID) and antibiotic susceptibility testing (AST) cards provides testing flexibility. This unique feature helps the laboratory control expenses and eliminates unnecessary testing.
The VITEK 2 System and Test Cards originated with the NASA space program to identify infections in astronauts. This breakthrough innovation led to today’s VITEK 2 technology.
The VITEK 2 card is the size and shape of a playing card and contains 64 microwells. Each well contains identification substrates or antimicrobials. VITEK 2 offers a comprehensive menu for the identification and antibiotic susceptibility testing of organisms.
The VITEK 2 Test Card is sealed, which minimizes aerosols, splattering, spills, and personal contamination. Disposable waste is reduced by more than 80% over microtiter methods.
VITEK® 2 Test Cards offered
- GN ID Card, Product number 21341
- Gram negative bacterial identification
- GP ID Card, Product number 21342
- Gram positive bacterial identification
- YST ID Card, Product number 21343
- NH ID Card, Product number 21346
- Neisseria, Haemophilus and other fastidious Gram negative bacteria identification
- ANC ID Card, Product number 21347
- Anaerobic bacteria and coryneform bacteria identification
Antibiotic Susceptibility Testing (AST)
- Gram positive antimicrobial susceptibility testing (AST) cards
- Gram negative antimicrobial susceptibility testing (AST) cards
- Yeast antimicrobial susceptibility testing (AST) card
Download the 2013 VITEK® 2 GN AST Card Grid
Next: VITEK® 2 Software >>