- Austria (Website)
- Czech Republic (Website)
- Denmark (Website)
- Finland (Website)
- France (Website)
- Germany (Website)
- Hungary (Website)
- Italy (Website)
- Ivory Coast
ETEST®: Product Safety
Improving Therapeutic Decisions
Antimicrobial resistance testing reagent
ETEST uses a predefined gradient of antibiotic concentrations placed on a plastic strip to determine the Minimum Inhibitory Concentration (MIC) of antibiotics, antifungals and antimycobacterial agents.
ETEST: Product Safety Overview
bioMérieux’s well-established ETEST method demonstrates high performance in Antibiotic Susceptibility Testing, providing a level of precision that other manual AST methods cannot achieve.
Benefits of ETEST
ETEST generates MICs across 15 dilutions, while remaining a cost-effective tool for AST. It can be used in a macromethod format to optimize resistance detection as well.
Over 100 antibiotics available for Antibiotic Susceptibility Testing of aerobic bacteria and fastidious organisms such as pneumococci, haemophilus, H. pylori, meningococci, gonococci, anaerobes, fungi and mycobacteria. Please visit our e-catalogue for a list of all available reagents.
High performance reagent
- Provides Minimum Inhibitory Concentrations (MICs) for microorganisms with unique growth requirements that cannot be tested using automated methods
- Both Antibiotic Susceptibility Testing (AST) as well as resistance mechanism detection
- Tests robust aerobes, anaerobes, pneumococci, menigococci and fastidious organisms such as the HACEK group, Bordatella and Francisella
- Detect phenotypic resistance
- Improve antibiotic stewardship
ETEST: Product Safety Specs
Convenient Single Pack ETEST packaging
- One strip per package: no need to store opened strips
- Easy-to-open with one hand
- Standardized storage conditions: -20°C to +8°C for all antimicrobials
- Desiccant provided with each Etest Single Pack to ensure stability
- One lot number on outer box and Single Packs Available in boxes of 30 strips
ETEST: Product Safety Uses
Veterinary diagnostic laboratories are very frequently required to perform Antibiotic Susceptibility Testing with animal samples. ETEST is the ideal manual method for routine AST operations.
For veterinary laboratories, determining quantitative MIC data is essential to ensure animal health and to avoid any risk of zoonosis, which can be dangerous to humans.
ETEST: Product Safety Options & Accessories
bioTools™ along with a range of ETEST accessories are designed to simplify the handling of ETEST. bioTools is a family of instruments made up of the Retro C80™, Simplex C76™, and Nema C88™ that are easy to use, reduce operator fatigue, save time and improve the quality of results. These tools simplify reading by standardizing inoculation and application of strips in optimal patterns on media plates.
Every Detail Counts
ETEST Measuring Sticks – 5 per package (bioMérieux ref. 559904)
ETEST Clamps – 5 per package (bioMérieux ref. 559809)
Mini Storage Box with Desiccant (bioMérieux ref. 559900)
Midi Storage Box with Desiccant (bioMérieux ref. 559901)
Maxi Storage Box with Desiccant (bioMérieux ref. 559902)
Storage Container (bioMérieux ref. 501603)
Applicator Tray (bioMérieux ref. 559909)
Mini Grip-It (bioMérieux ref. 411200)
Desiccant Capsules - 8 per package (bioMérieux ref. 559709)
- Active desiccant
- Inactive desiccant (reactivate or replace)