- Austria (Website)
- Czech Republic (Website)
- Denmark (Website)
- Finland (Website)
- France (Website)
- Germany (Website)
- Italy (Website)
- Ivory Coast
TEMPO® CAM (Campylobacter)
When Operational Control Meets Consumer Protection
Having a process under control and ensuring safe products are the top priorities for the poultry industry. Enumerating quality indicators is critical to provide evidence of process control and monitor a plant’s effectiveness in reducing pathogenic bacteria. Be in control and protect your customers—and your company’s reputation.
Now available from the microbiology experts at bioMérieux, the TEMPO Campylobacter spp. enumeration assay—an automated rapid MPN method that delivers convenience and results you can count on.
TEMPO CAM (REF 421509) is intended for use exclusively with the TEMPO system for the enumeration of thermotolerant Campylobacter species in 48 hours in chicken carcass rinsate, turkey sponges and poultry parts rinsate samples. This test was developed in order to obtain performance levels similar to the USDA FSIS Baseline Campylobacter method “Detection and enumeration method for Campylobacter jejuni/coli from poultry rinses and sponge samples”.
Thermotolerant Campylobacter species are naturally present in poultry, production environment and can be found in poultry products. Presence of Campylobacter in food is a public health risk which if ingested can cause food poisoning (diarrhea or vomiting, Guillain-Barré syndrome). By regularly performing bacteriological analyses, it is possible to monitor the contamination level and prevent accidents.
The TEMPO CAM test consists of a vial of culture medium and a card, which are specific to this test, and to be used with the TEMPO System. The card is designed to simulate the Most Probable Number (MPN) method.1,2 The card is then hermetically sealed in order to avoid any risk of contamination during subsequent handling. The card is incubated in microaerobic atmosphere as recommended for Campylobacter growth.
1. Cochran, W. 1950. Estimation of Bacterial Densities by Means of the "Most Probable Number". Biometrics, 6(2), 105-116. doi:10.2307/3001491
2. Woodward, R. L. 1957. How probable is the most probable number? J. Am. Water Works Assoc. 49:1060-1068.
The TEMPO Campylobacter kit provides the following benefits:
- 48 hr result + Single diluent (Buffered Peptone Water)
- Test procedure for whole chicken rinses, chicken and turkey parts and turkey sponge samples
- Ready-to-use reagent
- Complementary solutions available
- Content of the kit: 48 tests
Plus all the simplicity and flexibility the TEMPO platform has to offer:
- An easy-to-use and automated workflow
- A wide range of throughput levels – via standardized workflow and protocols
- An intuitive interface and objective results
- Full traceability - integrated control plan and barcode
- Secured data - from sample ID to automated results
- ISO 16140/AFNOR validation in progress.
Campylobacter Testing Solutions
bioMérieux is simplifying Campylobacter testing with a range of complementary products:
|CampyFood Agar (CFA) 1,2||Ref. 43471||20 plates|
|VIDAS® CAM (Campylobacter) 1,2||Ref. 30111||30 tests|
|CampyFood Broth (CFB)||Ref. 42643||Minibags: 10x225mL|
|Combibag||Ref. 30551||30 bags|
|GENbox Microaer||Ref. 96125||10 satchets|
|GENbag Microaer (for plate incubation)||Ref. 45532||20 satchets|
|TEMPO CAM (Campylobacter)||Ref. 421509||48 medium vials + 48 cards|
|API® CAMPY||Ref. 20800||12 strips + 24 media|
|VITEK® 2 NH||Ref. 21346||20 cards|
|VITEK MS||Consult us|
Please contact us for more detailed information.
1 Performance Tested Method by the AOAC Research Institute
2 EN ISO 16140 / NF ANFOR Certification