What is the purpose of this policy?
The purpose of this policy is to describe how bioMérieux, Inc., BioFire Diagnostics, LLC, Astute Medical, Inc., and Invisible Sentinel, Inc. (each or collectively, “we” or “us”) handle the collection, storage, processing, sharing, and deletion of applicant and candidate personal information.
What is the scope of this policy?
This policy applies to personal information collected as part of our application and recruitment process. This policy covers information you may share with us as well as personal information about you which we may acquire or produce.
What kind of personal information do we collect about you?
We may collect different categories of personal information from you as part of the application and recruitment process:
- Name, email address, mailing address, physical address, personal phone number, and other contact information.
- Employment history, academic/professional qualifications, education, skills, CV/resume, reference letters and interview notes, criminal records data (for vetting purposes, where permissible and in accordance with applicable law) and, where permitted by applicable law, compensation details, such as salary information and salary wage expectation.
- Certain demographic data voluntarily provided by you and which may qualify as sensitive personal information to help us in our efforts to create an inclusive and diverse work environment and may include demographic information (e.g. gender, race, ethnic origin, nationality, citizenship, military or veteran status etc.), health information (e.g. disabilities, illnesses or specific conditions, etc.), and similar kinds of information.
We may collect different categories of personal information about you from third parties as part of the application and recruitment process:
- Personal information about you from third party background check companies;
- Personal Information about you from publicly available sources and social media sites;
- Personal information about you as provided to us by current or former employees who have referred you for a job opening.
In connection with information collected from third parties, this policy only covers information we collect about you from third parties with whom we have a contract or understanding to provide application or recruitment services to us. This policy does not cover information you may share with third parties who are unaffiliated with us such as career or recruiting sites, some which may advertise or publish unauthorized, questionable, or fraudulent job-related announcements, offers or services. Accordingly, you are solely responsible for any information you may share with such unaffiliated third parties.
Why do we use the personal information we collect?
We will use the personal information we collect about you for the purposes of carrying out our application and recruitment process which includes:
- Communicating with you and respond to your requests or application;
- Assessing your skills and qualifications;
- Verifying the information you provided and, where applicable, conducting background checks;
- Creating or submitting reports where required under applicable local, state, or federal laws;
- Assisting you in obtaining immigration, visa or work permit documents, where applicable;
- Making improvements in our application and recruitment processes;
- Processing information regarding your membership in professional or civic organizations as part of our diversity and inclusion efforts.
What if you are applying for a position with us and you reside outside of the US?
If you are applying from the EU or UK, we collect and process your personal information where it is necessary in order to take steps, at your request, prior to our potentially entering into a contract of employment with you. If we use your personal information to improve our application or recruitment process, we do so on the basis that it is in our legitimate interests to ensure we recruit the best possible candidates.
If you are applying from outside the EU or UK and have a question regarding the legal basis or legitimate interest, as applicable, for our collection of personal information, you may inquire further by contacting us at US-PrivacyOfficer@biomerieux.com.
Regardless of where you reside outside the US, we may also seek your consent to process your personal information in specific circumstances or process it where necessary to comply with a legal obligation or for purposes connected to legal claims. Additionally, by taking part in our application and recruitment process from outside the US, you are consenting to the transfer of your personal information to the US for storage, processing and sharing in accordance with this policy.
How long do we keep your personal information?
We will retain your personal information for a period that does not exceed the period required for the purposes for which the information was collected.
We retain your personal information for the following retention periods:
- If you apply to a position online and you have created an account through one of our career portals, your account information will be retained for as long as your account remains active.
- We may retain your personal information related to your application for a position (such as your CV/resume or the position to which you applied) for up to three (3) years from the date you applied (unless a longer or shorter period is required by applicable law).
Who may have access to the personal information we collect?
We may have to share or grant access to all or part of your personal information within conformity with the purposes for which the personal information was collected..
- We are part of a global organization and information about you may be shared with our affiliated entities, subsidiaries or joint ventures. Also, as part of a global organization, the personal information we collect about you may be stored and processed outside the country where it was originally collected. These other countries may have data protection laws that differ from those applicable in the U.S. or your home country.
- We may use third party service providers acting on our behalf to perform some of the services listed previously, including for purposes of verification or background checks.
- We may share your personal information with other third parties if we have your consent (for example, if you give us your permission to contact references). It is your responsibility to obtain consent from references before providing their personal information to us. The list of third parties with whom we may share your personal information may change from time to time. Accordingly, if you would like to obtain a current list of such third parties, please send us a request at US-PrivacyOfficer@biomerieux.com.
- We may also be required to share your personal information with local authorities, courts and tribunals, regulatory bodies, or law enforcement for purposes of complying with applicable laws and regulations, including legal process.
If I have data protection rights, how do I exercise them?
Depending on which country or state you reside in, you may have certain rights under applicable data protection laws. If your jurisdiction affords you such rights and you wish to exercise any one of them, you may contact us at US-PrivacyOfficer@biomerieux.com. Where applicable, we will respond to any requests in accordance with governing law, and so there may be instances where we are not able to comply with your request.
It is your responsibility to determine whether the jurisdiction in which you reside in affords you such rights. If your jurisdiction does not afford you such rights, we do not have any obligation to respond to your request.
Will this policy change in the future?
We may change this policy from time to time. We will post any changes to this policy on this page.
What if I have additional questions?
Questions or inquiries about this policy can be directed to our privacy team by sending an email to the following email address: US-PrivacyOfficer@biomerieux.com.